About Me

My photo
My name is Courtney. I am a Substance Abuse Therapist training to be a Mental Health Counselor. I desire to possess a sense of wonder each day. Join me.

Sunday, November 6, 2011

I want to see this film...

 


"The Tree of Life" Written and directed by Terrence Malick. 
Rob Bell referenced this film in church today (along with D.Willard and Eminem :) I did some quick wikipedia research on Malick. He studied philosophy at Harvard, has directed five films and appears to be a pretty mysterious artist. There is very little information on him, and he never participates in interviews or publicity.

2 comments:

  1. Okay, so the intro of this film is very cool. My favorite line, "Love is in all things". I enjoyed the detail and music, but the middle with the dinosaurs is a little... different!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Courtney! Just linked to this from your facebook. I just watched this film this weekend because of that sermon. It is the strangest film I have ever seen. But I like it. After thinking and reading about it more I'm intrigued by it. It deals with the history of time (creation to judgement) and asks the deepest questions: why are we here? Is God near?

    ReplyDelete