About Me

My photo
My name is Courtney. I am a Substance Abuse Therapist training to be a Mental Health Counselor. I desire to possess a sense of wonder each day. Join me.

Sunday, January 6, 2013

Recap and Prep

Whew, It has been a while since I wrote anything down on here! Fall 2012 was full and good:

- Began working as a Sub. Abuse therapist at Catholic Charities WM with MDOC clients

- Completed 12 more credits of my Master's program (received all A's ;)

- Began mentoring a fun 5th grader at Burton Elementary School through Mars Hill Kids Hope

- Continued serving with the 2-yr-olds on Sunday mornings at Mars

- Played in Lauren's engagement video and watched with Bittersweet feelings as she moved back to Chicagoland!

- Chelsea moved back in, and we've begun the interesting adventure of two 20-something sisters living together again.

The fall semester ended in early December, and I have so ENJOYED the past weeks off from classes so much:
- Being able to come right home after work (and change into sweatpants)
- Time to cook
- More time for friends
- More time for crafts
- More time for reading
- More time for SLEEPING

Tomorrow it is back to the craziness again...My schedule will look something like:
(I write this in order to help myself remember!)

Monday
  7 am GYM 8:30 am - 5 pm WORK 6 - 9 pm CLASS
Tuesday
  7 am GYM 8:30 am - 5 pm WORK 6 - 9 pm CLASS
Wednesday
  7 am GYM 8:30 am - 3 pm WORK 4 pm GROUP COUNSELING
Thursday
  7 am GYM 8:30 am - 5 pm WORK 6 - 9 CLASS
Friday
 7 am GYM 8:30 am MENTORING 10 am  - 5 pm WORK
Saturday
 sleeping, homework, cleaning, friends
Sunday
  PPier, church, homework

[ We shall see how long and how often the 7 am gym thing lasts ]

Tonight I will enjoy ordering 100s dollars worth of textbook and getting out my backpack (joking!)

But really, I am grateful for this season and for all the learning and opportunities that I encounter.

3 comments:

  1. Oh my word- just found your blog and love it! I am your newest follower :). just started one as well and I'm suddenly realizing how many people I know have blogs- small world!
    Blessings,
    Shaina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Shaina,

    Thank you! We should have a coffe date reunion! Do you still work in Holland?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That would be lovely!! Yep- still in Holland :). Where are you? I would love to catch up sometime!!

    ReplyDelete