About Me

My photo
My name is Courtney. I am a Substance Abuse Therapist training to be a Mental Health Counselor. I desire to possess a sense of wonder each day. Join me.

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Heavy Things.

How do you handle big, heavy, anxiety rich things or thought in your life? 

Do you pray it out with God?
Is their different things and routines that help you put things in perspective?
What relaxes and soothes you during these times?
Are their people that you go to and process with?

I am slowly, very slowly learning what works and what doesn't for me in terms of handling the heavy things I encounter while working with adolescents.

Sometimes, I really wish I could just turn off the thoughts and worries after 6pm.
Or, fall asleep exactly when I desire to.
At other times, I am grateful for the reminder that I am ALIVE that I do FEEL and that I do have a Loving God who will always listen.

No comments:

Post a Comment