About Me

My photo
My name is Courtney. I am a Substance Abuse Therapist training to be a Mental Health Counselor. I desire to possess a sense of wonder each day. Join me.

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Week in Review

This past week was 'heavy'. A student that I worked with tragically lost his life in a drowning accident. Also, my childhood best friend's mom passed away. Tough Stuff. I was filled with mixed emotions and perplexed by how temporary, fragile, fleeting, and beautiful life is. 

Then the weekend came.
On Friday I completed CPI training (certified physical intervention) training.
On Saturday I swam in the Flieman's pool and stopped by my Grandparents' annual 4th/ Outdoor music party.
Sunday through Monday was spent at the Barnes' cottage in Cadillac, MI. I enjoyed swimming, soaking up sun, attempting to water-ski, putting on temporary tattoos, cooking, and playing on the sand-bar.

I have a feeling this shorter week is going to go by quickly. I am anticipating another fabulous weekend with my girl friends: ikea, birch run and dancing in Canada. Excited :)

Grace and Peace to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment