About Me

My photo
My name is Courtney. I am a Substance Abuse Therapist training to be a Mental Health Counselor. I desire to possess a sense of wonder each day. Join me.

Thursday, December 22, 2011

letter

via lifeinflux



"so as I've been thinking about my sermon here today, i found myself returning again and again to the
power of a good letter. 


Someone may text you or ping you or email you or direct message you or contact
you on facebook—but none of those particular mediums of communication can begin to compare to a
letter in which the person has labored over every word, going back over it again and again and again,
crafting the phrases and searching for just the right word and turn of phrase to capture precisely what you want to say.

Technology has given us a wide array of methods to communicate and because of this
variety, it's important we remember that there is a distinction to be made between diversity of form and
depth, significance, and soul.

So, I've written you a letter."


- Rob Bell Grace and Peace to Mars Hill Bible Church 12.18.2011


Written cards, letters and notes have been especially meaningful to me in the last few years. In college, Sarah Beth taught us how to make scrapbook journals to hold the special words and encouragement that others write for us.

Written text is powerful; I am thankful for those who cherish and practice this form of communication.


No comments:

Post a Comment