About Me

My photo
My name is Courtney. I am a Substance Abuse Therapist training to be a Mental Health Counselor. I desire to possess a sense of wonder each day. Join me.

Monday, October 15, 2012

Lord, make me

Note: I did not take this pretty photo
These past two weeks have been full in many ways.
I have much to share (maybe I'll write about it soon?).
I am loving my job.
It is so very challenging, but oh, so good.
 Every person that sits in the chair across from me has a unique story.
These are riddled with pain, trauma and hope.

Yesterday, Aaron led worship at church. We read this prayer. I love it and want to regularly pray this with my entire being.

Lord, make me an instrument of your peace.
Where there is hatred, let me sow love;
where there is injury,pardon;
where there is doubt, faith;
where there is despair, hope;
where there is darkness, light;
and where there is sadness, joy.
 
- St Francis of Assisi

No comments:

Post a Comment