About Me

My photo
My name is Courtney. I am a Substance Abuse Therapist training to be a Mental Health Counselor. I desire to possess a sense of wonder each day. Join me.

Saturday, October 20, 2012

three strands

 
This October Mike and Jan McIntyre (aka my Grandpa and Grandma) celebrate FIFTY years of marriage.

Their marriage is a testimony; their love for the Lord ripples out in endless ways.

When the Bible talks about "three strands"  Grandpa and Grandma are the example I hold.

I love them. I am so very grateful for them. They are my favorite people.

They complete each other in the best ways. Their lives are deeply interwoven.

I can't imagine what my life and my faith would be like without their influence.

They have been active in every aspect of my life (from prayer, car repairs, college care and every sickness I have ever had). They've been there.

Do you know what it feels like to know that you are prayed for everyday? I do. I can't really even fathom how true and blessed this gift is.

If you know them, you know that all this and more is true of them. They are a legacy.

Maybe someday, I'll enter into a marriage like theirs (ha, they also pray for this regularly :)

Grandpa and Grandma, here's to you! Happy 50th Anniversary! I love you.

1 comment: