About Me

My photo
My name is Courtney. I am a Substance Abuse Therapist training to be a Mental Health Counselor. I desire to possess a sense of wonder each day. Join me.

Saturday, November 23, 2013

a mess. but change is a comin'!

I picked up Karissa last night and recruited her in helping me make some monster-cookie-mix gift jars.




My kitchen floor still displays all the evidence. Neither of my vacuums are cooperating. Everything just needs a good scrub.

In Regards to an update,
This fall has been difficult. Not sure why necessarily.
I think I've tried, but really, I haven't felt like myself.

I've been stretched pretty thin at work and my motivation for school is running on empty.

I haven't exactly been my best self lately, and it shows.

Most nights I call my mom (or my grandma) and complain.

Most mornings I barely put myself together before entering the office.

(I'm not kidding, I've skipped-out on makeup and mascara more this Fall than ever before. a mess.)

I can't remember the last time I blow-dried my hair.

I don't have anything specific to complain about which maybe makes my situation more frustrating.


But, I think I'm getting over it.

Studying "Thanks" with Mars this month has been helpful. Kent encouraged us to continually recite the Lord's prayer and give special awareness to the line: "Give us Today our daily Bread".

I've also been encouraged to write a gratitude journal.

It's helping.

 I am very relieved that it is Thanksgiving week. It couldn't come at a better time. I am so ready for time with family, rest, and communal practice of thanks.

A countdown is also a source of motivation:

I only have 1 (ONE!) more night of class,
1 (ONE!) more paper,
2 (TWO!) more nights of Practicum,
and (THIS IS SIGNIFICANT) 12 more days of Full-time MDOC work.

Thank goodness!


But, probably the biggest countdown is: 3 (THREE!!) more weeks until I am on my way to New Zealand!!
(My mom brought over a suitcase for me to borrow It's getting real!)


This week I am turning in my "Application for Graduation" and my Application for the NCE (aka the biggest exam of my life).


Change is right around the corner and I am eager for it to get on over here.

When I return home in January:
I will be doing MDOC two days a week and Mental Health Counseling/Internship the rest of the week.
I will also be just days a way from turning a quarter-of-a-century old. (not sure what to think about that yet)


But, yes, back to the Lord's prayer...I just need to ask for this day.

No comments:

Post a Comment