About Me

My photo
My name is Courtney. I am a Substance Abuse Therapist training to be a Mental Health Counselor. I desire to possess a sense of wonder each day. Join me.

Thursday, February 14, 2013

awake.

It's no secret, this winter has been a hard one for me emotionally.

I have been so tired and have been slumping around in the shadows...away from my passion, energy and sense of wonder.
It hasn't been good.

For days I've gotten up out of bed 45 minutes before my first appointment (in Downtown GR). 
I've taken some pretty quick showers,
dressed in whatever clothes were already strewn around my room,
hopped into my car, combed my hair and applied some necessary makeup..all during my rushed commute.

I love my job, but it too was starting to drain me.
And don't get me started on school! SO SICK of it.

Then came 2 pm on Wednesday afternoon.

I was meeting with someone who has been on my radar since November. I wish I could share with you this person's story, but due to confidentiality, I am learning to hold me tongue.

Let's just say I had an 'Ah ha' moment (cliche, I know).
This person's story of resiliency, triumph and reverence for life despite so much pain..woke me up.
It was shocking, I wasn't expecting it. Especially from this individual.

His perspective had a ripple effect on me...I felt myself become closer to the truth and vibrancy that inspires me.

I told him, "thank you for sharing with me parts of your story. It's amazing."
"Yes, it is" he replied.

I pulled on my boots and went for a walk in the rare Febuary sunshine.
Ah, life. Crazy, mysterious and wonderful. It was here all along.
I'm coming back.

1 comment: