About Me

My photo
My name is Courtney. I am a Substance Abuse Therapist training to be a Mental Health Counselor. I desire to possess a sense of wonder each day. Join me.

Saturday, February 23, 2013

Quiet and Slow

It's the weekend, and I feel slightly guilty...I am being  unproductive.

Yesterday was slow-going.
I went to meet with Raul for mentoring, but found out that he was out-sick when I arrived.

I had so many no-show/cancellations at work (possibly weather related).

I also had one the WORST clients ever (and I'm not saying this lightly). I am an optimist and try to see the good and humanity in every person, but this guy really stretched my capacity!

Luckily, I had a hair appointment scheduled directly at 5 pm. It was such a relief to get some great Aveda tea and have my hair freshened up (I went dark again...like real dark..it's almost black, but it's semi-permanent, so it will likely fade-out rather quickly).

Next, I got to meet up with Biz and Steph. It was National Margarita Day? and OTB had a 2+ hour wait, so we went down the road to another restaurant. It was refreshing to be able to catch up with them.

I came home and quickly finished up a paper that was due by midnight. I am a last-minute queen!
I went to bed, excited to be able to sleep in and for the possibilities of an open Saturday.

However, I woke up with a major headache (feels like the left side of my head is being squeezed). So, today has been laziness to the MAX.

I watched the documentary, "No Impact Man" and then the entire first season of "The Wonder Years".

I have been laying around and knitting all day (using my favorite bamboo yarn :).

I have a real hard time with feeling like I'm wasting a day away, yet I think my body and mind really needed this quiet and slow time.

No comments:

Post a Comment