About Me

My photo
My name is Courtney. I am a Substance Abuse Therapist training to be a Mental Health Counselor. I desire to possess a sense of wonder each day. Join me.

Sunday, October 6, 2013

a posture of awe & wonder

Plato:

“Philosophy begins in wonder


Abraham Joshua Heschel:

“The beginning of our happiness lies in the understanding that life without wonder is not worth living.”  

Wonder rather than doubt is the root of all knowledge.”  

“Our goal should be to live life in radical amazement. ....get up in the morning and look at the world in a way that takes nothing for granted. Everything is phenomenal; everything is incredible; never treat life casually. To be spiritual is to be amazed.”

Wonder or radical amazement is the chief characteristic of the religious man's attitude toward history and nature.”  

No comments:

Post a Comment