About Me

My photo
My name is Courtney. I am a Substance Abuse Therapist training to be a Mental Health Counselor. I desire to possess a sense of wonder each day. Join me.

Sunday, October 6, 2013

If I knew..

If you would have told me several years ago that my professional life would look like it does today, I would have likely: a) changed my major and b) freaked out

life is funny. ironic. time changes things.

For example, last-week, I found myself leading a discussion on healthy romantic relationships.
Can you imagine?
Oh my heart. I truly believe that God has a great sense of humor.

The latest news is:

I've been somewhat coerced into leading another group.
That makes THREE groups. I only "agreed" to do one evening (I need to have one weeknight "free" to preserve some sanity and Tues/Thurs are booked for school).

So, beginning tomorrow, I'll be facilitating 10 hours of Group therapy per week.
With ALL MEN.
Did I mention that part?!
Plus fabulous hours of paperwork, of course.

Oh, and my new group? Its already booked with 12 guys.
12!
That's not a "small" group...it's more like a CLASS (of ALL MEN, did I mention that? lol)

I'm a bit nervous to say the least.

But, seriously, I am so blessed to be able to do something that I am passionate about.
Even though most days are filled to the brim with challenges.
Another positive- groups make the day feel like it is going by so much faster than individual appointments.

Last week Wednesday I had one of the best group facilitating experiences ever. I showed up, presented the discussion topic, and they guys took it away.

They stayed on topic. were appropriate. and opened up more than ever before.

It was phenomenal. The power of group-work- it's real folks!
P.S. for counseling friends--- I felt like I was in a Corey-Corey film (without as much of the awkwardness).

Anyway, lift a prayer for me and my nerves around dinnertime tomorrow? Much appreciated!

Grace and Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment