About Me

My photo
My name is Courtney. I am a Substance Abuse Therapist training to be a Mental Health Counselor. I desire to possess a sense of wonder each day. Join me.

Sunday, March 6, 2011

It is March!

The past week has been full, but good. Last Sunday afternoon, I was able to have a few girls from my high-school small group over to celebrate the anticipated baby Powell. It was a lovely time. We sat around the dinning room table and shared the things on our hearts and what we have been drawn to lately. This group of friends are such creative and kind people and so precious to me. It was 5pm before we even realized it!



Also, this week I have begun training at St. Johns home. For the next few Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sundays I will be training during 10 shifts. The home is a home-away-from-home for children who do not have a safe place to live; they stay here until more permanent foster or adoption placements are made.

To be honest, I am not sure how exactly I feel about this job- it can feel overwhelming. My first night working a sibling group of five and a sibling group of six was all admitted. It was a lot to take in, and I had to keep my own emotions in check well helping the children sort through theirs.

But, it is getting better. I feel that I have something to give: whether its doing laundry, cutting up veggies, or playing legos.

1 comment:

  1. i'm so glad you're there for them, court. you are comfort.

    ReplyDelete