About Me

My photo
My name is Courtney. I am a Substance Abuse Therapist training to be a Mental Health Counselor. I desire to possess a sense of wonder each day. Join me.

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Praise God

Dear Friends,

Guess what?
I have had the chance to talk about God twice this week at work!

First, with a seventeen year old student who has been virtually homeless since he was 14; he believes in God, but is extremely frustrated because God never seems to be answering his prayers.

Second, with my boys in IOP group. We got on the topic through talking about healthy relationships. It was a surprise, but none the less a very cool thing!

I am not sure if I said anything particularly profound, hopeful to them, or even if they took anything to heart....but it is so neat that God is trusting me and the words I say when working with hurting young people.

It feels so good to finally feel like you are where you need to be...using the qualities that God has given you, doesn't it?

On a similar note,
I began seeing Individual Outpatient clients this week......so different from group therapy!
But, I like it. It does feel more draining...completing giving your attention to the needs of one person for an hour.

Bonus--I 'ran into' my brother while visiting a client at his high school today. It was cute...He came up and said "hello" with a friend. How is my little brother such a cool, tall, and hip high school student? How did this happen...he was like 12 two days ago......

No comments:

Post a Comment