About Me

My photo
My name is Courtney. I am a Substance Abuse Therapist training to be a Mental Health Counselor. I desire to possess a sense of wonder each day. Join me.

Monday, March 18, 2013

green

On Saturday, we went to The Curragh Traditional Irish Pub in Holland in Honor of St. Patrick's day.

It was a fun few hours with lots of music. One member of a band impressively played an assortment of bagpipes!

I picked up a 5-pack of these silly little leprechaun hats from the dollar-store and we wore them all night.



Elizabeth said to me, "you look Irish, maybe it's your darker hair", which made me laugh because though I'm predominately dutch I do have some Irish genes too. Just take a look at my Grandparents-- the McIntyre side of the family and the ethnic connection is pretty clear ;)

In honor of the recent Holiday, here are some of my favorite Irish proverbs and Celtic blessings.
Ah, Such rich, pastoral words!

True greatness knows gentleness.

A silent mouth is musical.

May the road rise to meet you,
May the wind be always at your back,
May the sun shine warm upon your face,
The rains fall soft upon your fields and,
Until we meet again,
May God hold you in the palm of His hand


The tree remains, but not the hand that planted it.

The believer is happy, the doubter is wise.

May the raindrops fall lightly on your brow. May the soft winds freshen your spirit. May the sunshine brighten your heart. May the burdens of the day rest lightly upon you, and may God enfold you in the mantle of His love.

P.S. I never knew that the shamrock was supposedly used by St Patrick to teach about the trinity. Did you?

1 comment:

  1. totally like that irish song on ps i love you:
    "Because her hair was black and her eyes were blue
    So I took her hand and I gave it a twirl
    And then I lost my heart to a Galway girl"

    ReplyDelete