About Me

My photo
My name is Courtney. I am a Substance Abuse Therapist training to be a Mental Health Counselor. I desire to possess a sense of wonder each day. Join me.

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Ice, ice baby

Frozen H2O is magnificent.
On Saturday, my mom and I went to the second annual ice festival in Rockford, MI. It was a treat!
Over 30 professional ice sculptures graced the downtown and riverfront area. It was really neat to walk in a refreshingly sunny January afternoon and view the pieces. I heard one of the sculptors say he was working on a chunk of ice that had been shipped all the way from Chicago! Why Chicago? I don't know.

The event had a free mini-golf area; you could try your skill at putting a golf ball/hockey puck though ice obstacles. So cute! This little festival was special...it was so cool to see families all decked out in their snow pants and boots and having fun. The food Network was even filming!

 


No comments:

Post a Comment