About Me

My photo
My name is Courtney. I am a Substance Abuse Therapist training to be a Mental Health Counselor. I desire to possess a sense of wonder each day. Join me.

Monday, January 31, 2011

Siblings

For those who are led by the Spirit of God are the children of God.
The Spirit you received does not make you slaves, so that you live in fear again;
rather, the Spirit you received brought about your adoption to sonship.
And by him we cry, "Abba, Father".
The Spirit himself testifies with our Spirit that we are God's Children.
Now if we are children, then we are heirs-heirs of God
and co-heirs of Christ,
if indeed we share in his sufferings in order that we may also share in his glory.
Romans 8:14-17


This past week I witnessed some beautiful things. I saw the love of God that my Aunt and Uncle have instilled in their four kids. Staying with B, S, E, and K while their parents were away was a refreshing and blessed seven days for me.

I observed: K helping E find his snowpants, B assisting E with spelling, putting others' stuff away without being asked, S reminding all of making better tv choices, E and S reading their Bibles, sharing, serving, playing, wrestling..........

I had a sociology professor that told our class that, "The Sibling relationship is likely the longest relationship that you will have in life". It is important. I think that God specially designed the sibling relationship...to teach us somethings, to show us more of him.

My time of getting to live in the same household with my own younger sister and brother prematurely ended, and I grieve this. Yet, I am excited knowing that these aren't static relationships and they are not over.I look forward to how God can work in growing these relationships as we get older. I hope that God will mold me a bit more Christ-like in the process of loving and knowing my siblings.

Thank you B, S, E and K for a great week and for the glimpses of God's love shown through your relationships with each other.

1 comment: