About Me

My photo
My name is Courtney. I am a Substance Abuse Therapist training to be a Mental Health Counselor. I desire to possess a sense of wonder each day. Join me.

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Twenty two

Funfetti cake Emilie baked for previous Bday
Dear Friends,
Yesterday was my twenty second birthday! Being twenty two sounds and feels so much different than turning twenty one. Much more adult and a bit scarier.

As I am beginning another new year of my life....here are some things that I am feeling extra grateful for:

~ God who is constant AND really loves me.
~ My family; Chelsea and her humor, Connor and his adventurism; My mom and her always in-the-know information to share AND also my musical grandparents, encouraging Aunt, Uncle and cousins
~ A comfy, safe place to live, sleep and cook in :)
~ My health; and the people who cared for me when it was a little off
~ A college degree
~ A library only a few miles away
~ Friends that offer fun, love, listening and encouragement
~ The Mars Hill community; and the opportunity to be involved, learn and serve
~ The inspiring Berryhill and Powell families

For a special Birthday dinner, my mom, sister and I went to the Melting Pot and enjoyed a four course French inspired Fondue feast!
It was a very neat experience and I truly enjoyed celebrating with my mom and Chelsea! I even got to blow out my Birthday 'candle' on our waitress' alcohol dipped finger. Unique!

P.S. I woke up very, very early on my birthday and couldn't fall back to sleep (bday jitters?). So, at 4:30 am I made myself pancakes with added vanilla and bran....a pretty tasty breakfast in the very dark early mornin'.

No comments:

Post a Comment