About Me

My photo
My name is Courtney. I am a Substance Abuse Therapist training to be a Mental Health Counselor. I desire to possess a sense of wonder each day. Join me.

Monday, February 21, 2011

What God and I have been doing in the Middle of the Night

I am grateful for my new job.
But it is difficult. Very Difficult......the weakest parts of me are being attacked every afternoon with this group of teenage boys.
I know that this is a transition, an adjustment, and that I am where I need to be, learning what I need to at this specific time.
But still, it is H-A-R-D.

I have awoke at 4 am many nights in a row (seriously) thinking about these young kids- my clients.
I feel worry and anxiety for them.
I wonder if I have said or have not said the right things.
I wonder if I am 'relating' too little or too much.

And so I pray for them, and I ask for grace and strength for me..And I breathe in God and out each worry that pops in my head.

Eventually, I fall back to sleep....55 minutes before the alarm goes off.

1 comment:

  1. Courtney, hearing this makes me think of all of the compassion that God has blessed you with. He has qualified you to this, and He will provide you the strength to handle each situation that presents itself to you. Those "clients" of yours have a pretty awesome girl to talk with. You are cherished.

    love you and praying for you : )

    ReplyDelete